Fart Remedies and Prevention Methods
What is flatulence? If you are not familiar with this, it also means farting. The process of farting is normal to all people. This is normal yet it can be a cause or symptom of a more complicated sickness or it can also cause embarrassment when release on the wrong time. Farting alone is not a problem but if it’s excessive, that can be a big problem. Anyone can encounter this big problem with farting. Flatus or the air released when farting can come in a bad odor and sound. These make it more embarrassing.
Flatulence is a process on the body where gas is coming out of the anus. This process has something to do with the body’s digestive system. The digestive systems play a big part on this process that is why if something goes wrong on this, farting can turn into something excessive and can turn into a problem.
It pays to know things about flatulence so that you know how to handle this situation. Again, it can be a problem with your health or it can also be a cause of embarrassment. To start with the basics, here are the common causes of flatulence. This is important if you want to stop farting and other situations.
One common cause of flatulence is too much swallowing of air. There are different activities that can cause this. When you smoke, there is a big tendency that big amount of air will go in your body. Another situation is when you eat fast. This is why people who have limited breaks and busy schedules that tend to rush when eating often suffer from bloating and flatulence. Chewing of gums can also be a cause of too much air intake.
Another cause is the deficiency of lactase. Because lactase is an enzyme that digest and break down lactose, without it, lactose would not be digested. So, lactose intolerant people who eat lactose and dairy products can suffer from excessive farting and bloating.
Next thing is because of the food people eat. There are foods that are good for the body but have substances that produce gas and hard to absorb by the body. There are foods that can cause gas for a certain person but not with other people. The colon has bacteria that are also responsible for breaking down food into substances. The process of breaking down of food produces gas. This is why if the bacteria found on the colon is overly used, many gas will be produced. Thus, flatulence can take place.
Constipation, diarrhea and other conditions of the stomach and the digestive system could also be a cause for flatulence. Constipation and diarrhea are two conditions where irregularities in bowel movements take place. In constipation, the person affected is having a hard time defecating and it becomes infrequent. On the other hand, diarrhea is when bowel movement tends to get loose and more liquid.
These are some of the causes that you should know. By knowing the causes, you will now know ways on how to stop farting.
You have nothing to worry because there are different fart remedies that are present these days. You could use these remedies to help you in curing bloating and flatulence and avoid it. Later on, you will know how to cure this and how to prevent it from happening in your body.
It is important that you take time to absorb everything that you will read here. Farting is a normal thing in people’s bodies but it should also be taken seriously.
Symptoms: How to Know if You Are Suffering from Bloating and Flatulence
First thing that you need to know is to know how you could identify if you are suffering from bloating and excessive farting. There are different symptoms to look out for.
- Feeling of stomach discomfort- You might feel that your stomach is too heavy or is so full.
- Foul odor of flatus- When you are suffering from flatulence, your flatus usually smells bad.
- Belching- If you find yourself burping and belching, this can be a sign. This is because your body is filled with huge amount of air that needs to come out of your system.
Pain in the abdomen
These are the things that you should observe. If you are seeing and feeling these symptoms, do something about it as soon as possible. Do not wait for further complications before you do something. The remedies will be discussed as you move on with this article. You will know different remedies and treatments for gas.
The Remedy: How to Cure Flatulence
Here are fart remedies that you could do when you are experiencing flatulence. These remedies can easily be done anywhere, even at home.
- Drinking hot tea or water- There are kinds of tea out there available that are made to ease stomach pain and bloating. You could try taking peppermint tea. If you want, you could just take hot water. Drinking hot water can help relieve pain and smoothen the flow of the digestion.
- You could try different home fart remedies. Here are some of the remedies that you could do by yourself at home:
- You could try putting ginger on lemon. Then after every meal, chew it.
- Another thing that you could do with ginger is to get ginger powder and mixed it with rock salt then put hot water. Drinking this will relieve you from gas.
- Another is to mix dry ginger powder, pepper and cardamom seeds with water. Drink this at least an hour after your meal.
- You could take peppermint candies, spearmint candies and the like. This will not only give you fresh breath but this can also relieve you from gas.
These are some of the home treatments and remedies that you can do by yourself at home. This will let you save more money.
- You could take different medicines. It is recommended that you take natural medicines. There are providers of natural medicines out there. Be sure to find someone that you could trust and is expert when it comes to curing gas.
- If you are constantly suffering from gas and experiencing chronic stomach pain, it would be safe to consult your doctor.
Prevention is Better than Cure: How to Prevent Excessive Farting
Of course, prevention is always better than cure. This is why you need to know how to prevent farting. This way, you will not be in an embarrassing and hard situation because of it. Here are some preventive measures that will help you:
- Eat slowly- If you eat too fast, there is a great chance that you will experience indigestion that can lead to bloating. So, take your time when you are eating.
- Chew food properly- when eating, be sure to chew food properly. Chew it in smaller pieces and let the saliva soften the food that you are eating.
- Sit properly when eating- You should make sure that you have the right body position when eating. Do not recline or slouch when eating. This way, the food that you are eating will go through your digestive tract smoothly.
- Watch your diet- Keep things on moderation. For example, foods that are rich in carbohydrates are hard to absorb. Therefore, if you eat a lot of carbohydrates, it can’t cause a lot of gas inside your body.
- Experiment on your diet- There are times that certain type of foods cannot be easily absorbed by the body. There are foods that can be hard to digest by a certain person’s body but not by other people’s body. This is why it is really great to take note of things, watch diet and experiment on the food you eat.
- Don’t smoke too much- This can also be a cause of flatulence for you intake more air when smoking.
- Don’t drink too much carbonated drinks and take artificial products- fizzy drinks like sodas and wines can also be a cause of farting. Also, artificial products such as artificial sweeteners are hard to digest that may result to bloating and farting.
- Do not drink water while eating and few minutes after you eat. This is because drinking water those times will weaken the digestive system.
If you do not want to suffer from indigestion and too much farting that can put you in a compromised situation, always keep these things in mind and practice it. You could tell these things to family and friends so that they know what to do so that they will not suffer from indigestion and flatulence.
Foods That Can Cause Gas:
A while ago, it was mentioned that there are certain foods that can cause gas because it is hard to digest and because of its components. So, what are these foods and products? Foods that are rich in fats, carbohydrates and proteins are the foods that can produce gas on your body that can lead to bloating and flatulence. Here is a short list of some of the foods and the substances that can cause flatulence.
- Beans- This is because beans contain a substance called raffinose. This substance is a complex sugar. This sugar is hard to be absorbed and digested.
- Starches- Starches like potatoes and wheat can cause gas when digested by the body.
- Foods with fructose- Fructose is a sugar that can produce gas. Foods like pears, artichokes and others are rich in fructose. Fructose is also present in different sodas and drinks for it is used as sweetener.
- Beers and wines
- Vegetables such as cauliflower
- Fruits such as bananas and apples
These are some of the components and foods that you should check before you take. Again, there are foods and components that are not bad for the body but they produce gas. And if too much gas is produced on your body, it can cause flatulence.
Conclusion: Important Things about Flatulence
Things that are mentioned above are things that you should keep in mind. Knowing these things is really important for it will save you from health problems and embarrassing situations. Knowing the causes will let you assess yourself if you are prone to experiencing excessive farting. Knowing the symptoms will let you know if you are already experiencing it. This will let you take further action to cure yourself from flatulence. Also mentioned above are remedies. Take note of those so you know what you do when suffering from flatulence. Given are basic excess fart remedies that you could do at home and by yourself too. All you need is some ingredients. And again, if you want you, could always buy medicines. There are natural herbs and medicines that are beings sold on the market that relieve gas and stomach wind pains. Given too are preventive measure that everyone should do. Those preventive measures are really important. You do not have to suffer from bloating and excessive gas if you keep those preventive measures in mind.
In a more serious aspect, you should make sure that your body is healthy. Flatulence can only be a sign of more complicated diseases. Some of the diseases that have flatulence as symptom are appendicitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or spastic colon, Crohn’s disease, intestinal contraction and many others. Yes, farting is normal but it can also lead to something more serious. Take everything seriously when it comes to your health and body. Know your body, watch your diet and be observant. Get all the information that you need and take care of your health. These are advices that everyone should do and follow.
If you are currently suffering from gas, follow the remedies or search the Internet for reliable providers of medicines and natural remedies. The Internet is a good venue to search because you can find a lot of information here and you will be able to research and compare.
No related posts.