Effective Natural Flatulence Treatment
Flatulence may not be a problem that can threaten your life. However, this can definitely threaten your social life. This can happen when you accidentally burp or fart. There are times when it would seem so hard to keep the gas in. Normal air expulsion via the rectum or the mouth goes on about fourteen times but if it exceeds more than this, it is already a problem. It may already be more than just simple wind flatulence.
Chronic flatulence can also end up making you feel uncomfortable for a long time. Excessive gases in your stomach can cause it to feel bloated. As long as too much air is still in the abdomen, this can lead to a feeling of an excessively stretched tummy. If this goes on for some time, you may not be able to move the way you want to.
There are certain remedies that you can do at home aside from consulting the doctor. These remedies are already tried and tested to be effective in many cases. Immediate flatulence treatment is necessary if you do not want to get stuck in embarrassing situations. As long you have excessive gas in your body, you will not be able to solve this problem.
There are several flatulence treatment home remedies that are easy to follow though. Another benefit that you can get from home flatulence treatment is its being affordable. You can obtain the things that you need to cure your condition from the things at home. In fact, you can simply get them from the spice rack, refrigerator, and cupboard.
Remedies from Spices
- Cloves. They can reduce the presence of excess gases in the body. This can be added to rice before cooking it. Use two to three whole cloves for this. If used for baking, add a sprinkling of pears and apples into the cloves. Another way of preparing them would be to put two to three cloves into boiling water for ten minutes. Add something sweet to the cup of water and drink it.
- Cardamom seeds. These can facilitate digestion. Sautee these seeds with rice, lentils or vegetables before cooking. These can also be chewed in whole or steep pods by dropping them into boiling water. This can be taken as tea.
- Fennel seeds. These are famous in India where the seeds are eaten right after a meal for good digestion. Just like mint, this can also give you fresh breath. For anti flatulence purposes, fennel seeds can be made into tea by adding half a teaspoon of it to a cup of boiling water, wait for ten minutes before drinking it. These can be mixed with gassy vegetables while cooking or frying them. As your taste buds get used to the seeds, they can be cooked with apples, figs, plums and pears.
- Coriander. This can help in proper food movement or digestion. This proves more useful in relieving a bloated stomach, stomach cramps, hiccups, and flatulence. Add the coriander powder after crushing it to vegetable stir-fry.
- Lemon. Mix a half teaspoon of baking soda and a teaspoon of lemon juice into a cup of cool water. Let it wait for a time to thaw the ice. Drink this as flatulence treatment after eating.
- Rosemary. This can help reduce the effect of gassy foods on your body. Just sprinkle a little of these spices in the same way that you would for thyme and sag.
- Massage herbs. These include clove, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and fennel. Sesame oil and warmed olive oil are also effective for massages to avoid wind flatulence.
- Tea herbs. Effective flatulence treatment from tea is possible if you drink those made from basil leaves, aniseed, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, sage, and peppermint. To make tea, just add a teaspoon of these herbs to a cup of boiling water. Honey can be added to it for a sweeter flavor. This is ideally taken up to three times every day.
- Turmeric. This is a curative and flavorful spice used in curry powder. This can be added to a dish or rice for more flavors without the extra embarrassment of you farting or belching loudly.
- Mint leaves. This can be taken together with honey. Mix 31gms of honey with 25mL of mint juice and add the mixture to a glass of water. Drink this every morning.
- Cumin seeds. Mix a teaspoon of grounded roasted cumin seeds with a teaspoon of honey. Take this after meals.
- Cinnamon. Take only a small amount of cinnamon.
Remedies from Refrigerated Goods
- Cauliflower. This can be made into a mixed juice with carrots. This is an effective mixture that can test the formation of gases in the stomach.
- Orange. This can help in curing chronic flatulence and dyspepsia, another cause of burping and farting. A morning glass of orange can help clean the intestines.
- Milk. Take the milk out of the refrigerator and boil it. Hot milk can be used to test gas formation.
- Citrus fruits. Aside from oranges, other citrus fruits can also help in treating excessive gases. Vitamin C tablets though have the opposite effect.
- Yogurt. An effective one would have acidophilus. This can help correct digestion and reduce instances of your accidental burps and farts.
Remedies from the Home Cupboard
- Pressure cooker. This equipment can help in cooking beans well. Undercooked beans are among the causes of flatulence problems. Look at the manual on how to cook beans thoroughly. Usually, it would take half an hour of pressure cooking every fifteen pounds per square inch.
- Caraway crackers. These are crackers that are made out of oils and caraways seeds. These are also effective carminatives, or relievers of excess air from the body. If you eat these crackers, you can enjoy them better than just the caraway seeds.
- Beano: This is a natural supplement that can break down indigestible disaccharides. This can be taken when eating gassy foods, like beans. Moreover, this can be bought from pharmacies and groceries. Our guide on using Beano for flatulence
Note Taking Remedy
Always take note of the kinds of foods that trigger your gassy condition. Any kind of observation must be taken down in order to avoid flatulence. This food diary can help you avoid another embarrassing moment. Your careful note taking can help you achieve an effective diet for flatulence treatment.
Remedies from Massage and Exercise
There are certain massages and exercises which are effective flatulence treatment home remedies. These include the following:
- A massage on the pressure point under your kneecap can help relieve stomach bloating. Stagnant air inside the abdomen produced after swallowing too much air and during digestion can be released. The pressure can come from pressing with the use of four fingers right below the kneecap. Enough pressure would be something that is felt but without pain.
- Foot massage can help solve the problem of indigestion. Disruption in the abdomen is caused by poor circulation in the body. The pressure point in this kind of massage is found right on the foot’s inner arch. This can be pressed with a thumb in order to make this massage effective.
- A massage focusing on the two metatarsal bones on the foot, particularly the big toe and the toe beside it, is also effective. This can also help in reducing chances of you making some noisy farting or burping.
- Acupressure exercise is another effective anti flatulence treatment. This may not be a conventional kind of treatment but it has worked in many cases too. The pressure point here is the inner fold on the wrist. It can be pressed with three fingers on the folds right between the forearm’s thin bones. This can also help relieve stomach congestion. As result, belching from indigestion can be reduced.
Foods that Prevent Wind Flatulence
Gassy foods are among the causes of this wind problem. Some of these gassy foods include apples, pears, beans, and many others. A more selective diet can be developed in order to take out these foods. Instead, you can try any of these foods that can help in flatulence treatment. These foods include the following:
- Ginger. Take this with jaggery to relieve bloating and wind problems.
- Guava. Eat raw guava after a meal for proper digestion.
- Potato. Raw potato juice is good for letting out excessive body at controllable rates.
- Buttermilk. This can be taken with dry mint powder and black salt every morning.
- Asafetida. This has to be mixed black salt first. The mixture can be added to a cup of warm water. Another ingredient to add to the mixture is bits of dry ginger powder. This can give you instant relief especially when you need to go out of your house. Being out in public with a bloated tummy or lots of air inside it is uncomfortable.
- Castor oil. This can be mixed with milk before taking it first.
- Fenugreek seeds. These are also good for the abdomen for it to be free from excess air. The seeds can be mixed into warm water and taken every morning.
No related posts.