How do you feel about your stomach? Is it doing fine or do you hear some rumbling noises in it? There may be something wrong with it especially when you already feel pain and cramps due to it. You may not have been conscious about some of the things that you did that cause flatus build up inside your digestive system. This may already be one of the signs of stomach flatulence.
What Stomach Gas Is
This is also called as gaseous distention, which may not be threatening but it definitely is embarrassing. This condition will become even more disastrous if this ends up becoming a case of chronic flatulence. It would be difficult to stop the release of excess air through belching or farting. However, eructation or the release of unwanted air from your body is normal. Most people usually produce about one to three pints of gas every day. This is why most people may also fart and burp at an average of fourteen times a day. Air is swallowed and delivered to the intestinal tract when you eat or talk.
Causes of Excess Gases
- Too many bacteria, especially the bad kind, present in the intestines
- Consumption of foods that are rich in malt extracts
- Consumption of fiber-rich foods
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Digestive disorders
- Consumption of too much fatty foods
- Contaminated food or water
- Fat malabsorption
Stomach Gas Symptoms
There are several symptoms that can signal you about a digestive problem. It is always best to be aware about what your body is experiencing. Even if farting and belching are normal reaction of the body when you have too much gas in your digestive system, there are times when they are already signs of some problems. This is why you may want to take a more serious approach if you observe the following symptoms of wind flatulence:
How to Get Rid of Stomach Gas Using Herbal Remedies
In a bid to get rid of stomach gas, there are several herbal remedies that you can use. These are precious remedies that will help you treat chronic flatulence. If you fart and it comes out with a noise and a foul smell, it will certainly not give a good impression for yourself. It is not flattering to hear and smell someone doing this when you are in public. With belching flatulence, especially when you do it out loud, you might be seen as someone without manners. However, it is quite hard to hold all these gases in. They are not meant to be withheld. To relieve yourself of this problem, you can prepare the following:
- Take cumin decoction. Roast a teaspoon of cumin on a pan until it turns red. Add two cups of water into the pan and let it boil for five to ten minutes. Allow the cumin essence to fully blend with the water. Pour the roasted cumin water into a cup. Prepare this once a day to relieve your flatulence.
- Prepare garlic soup to reduce the amount of excess gas in the intestinal tract. This can also contribute to your digestive health. Grind some garlic and mix it with coriander seeds, black pepper and cumin. Let these ingredients dissolve in six ounces of water. Let it boil until it is soupy enough. Take two doses of this garlic soup.
- Take ajwain decoctions for your stomach’s relief. This also uses the same steps in preparing the cumin decoction. You can add a twist to this drink by adding a few slices of pineapple. Add a few pieces of pineapple into the ajwain decoction and leave it overnight. In the morning, squeeze the pineapple’s essences into the decoction. Strain it and drink it. The addition of pineapple into this drink has bromehn, which is a ferment substance. This can help in your digestion and the get rid of stomach gas. But this is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Take fennel, ginger or basil. Soak a piece of ginger into lemon juice and salt. Suck on it instead of sucking candies. Ginger can help relieve stomach flatulence. Chewing fennel seeds after eating is also an effective remedy. Basil leaves chewed every morning before eating and drinking anything can help eliminates excess air in the intestines.
- Take clarified butter and garlic clove. Clarified butter is one of the popular Ayurvedic remedies used by many Asian households. This can be taken with garlic cloves. Roast one to two garlic cloves and put half to a teaspoon of clarified butter to these cloves. Use pan in roasting these two important ingredients. Wait for the cloves to turn brown. Eat it and swallow. These two can help in better digestion and pain relief.
- Take fenugreek. Put a tablespoon of fenugreek on your hands. Prepare a cup of hot water but make sure that you can take it without burning your throat. Put the fenugreek seeds into your mouth. Bit onto the seeds once or twice then swallow them with hot water.
- Yoga can also help get rid of stomach gas. Another known cause of flatulence is stress and yoga can help you relax with some of its poses. This can help relieve your stress and anxiety as well.
- Exercise is always good for your health. Abdominal pains and cramps can be relieved with regular exercise. Physical activity will also help improve proper blood circulation.
- Drink hot water to relieve stomach flatulence due to excess air. Just sip a glass of warm water. This will also relieve the pressure building up inside your digestive system.
- Change your diet by removing flatulent foods or at least minimizing your consumption of these foods. Replace them with foods that promote better digestion instead.
No related posts.